Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Adventure 674: Flagstaff KOA, Flagstaff, Arizona

We left  Santa Fe before sun up this morning, cruised through Albuquerque with the morning commuter traffic, and drove West on I-40 the whole 415 miles to Flagstaff. The  perfect weather coupled with favorable traveling mercies found us well rested when we rolled into Flagstaff at noon. I'm always amazed at the number of "Big Dogs" on the road. We spent some time noticing several different groups of twelve semi-trucks pulsing East. I like to stay out of crowds on my side of the road; still, several big dogs whooshed by us. I-40 gets so much traffic that it's in less than pristine condition, which means there's some pot holes, some patches, and not a few swells and bumps that caused Fric and Frac to buck and bounce occasionally. Nonetheless, the drive was easy. We stopped at the Arizona border for lunch. The Wiley Cager, who's up $5.36 this month continues her run of obnoxiously fortunate luck. I'm taking a dim view. One game yesterday, I scored a dozen points on every hand and still lose by $.36. Very depressing. But the tide will turn now that we're in Covid-Arizona where masks are optional and the elections are rigged. With these guys help, I might get a recount to my liking. After we set up, we took a four mile hike on the trails behind the KOA. Last time we were here, we hiked all the way up to the look out. Judy remembers the boulders we climbed; I only remembered the snow at the top. Today, we took the fork that kept us from climbing the vertical face, and had a very pleasant walk through the lower forest. We'll dilly-dally here tomorrow because the weather is so nice (It's over ninety in Las Vegas). Tomorrow morning we'll do a deep clean of the trailer before heading to Boulder City, a mere four hour drive. As for now, Judy is reading in the back with her eyes closed, and I'm watching a Mark Walhburg movie out of the corner of my eye. So, clearly, life is good, especially today.


We chose the Lower Oldham trail today.
Such fresh air, mild weather made for a pleasant hike.
We like Flagstaff, although this time we won't spend any time down town.
Selfie of the day: Happy hikers.

My Bunny "reading".

No comments:

Post a Comment