Sunday, January 26, 2020

Adventure 565: Kral Culd De Sac/Post C

Hey, Boomer!
No blog entry yesterday because we went to a movie in the afternoon (Just Mercy, which I highly recommend as well as the book) and of course, the Zag game which didn't begin until 8 P.M. By the time the game ended I was warmly snuggled next to my Bunny, so the mere thought of taking my warm self to the cold confines of the computer keyboard just couldn't pass muster. Nonetheless, yesterday was another good day, but not nearly as wildly successful as today. First, David and Ginny Kral attend an evangelical church called Northwest Bible Church. The lead pastor, Jeff Thune, presents his bible based sermons with such passion, aplomb, and genuine resolve that I just love to listen to him when we're here. Today, he spoke on Mark 10, but as is his way, he weaved several bible passages into a message that can be summed up as Jesus doesn't put out a "Help Wanted" sign; rather, he puts out a "Help Available" sign. All we have to do is accept his service. I'm much less demonstrative in my belief structure than my friends, but I do enjoy and open my heart to this man of belief and passion. But that's not all! I mean "Hey, Boomer." I updated my laptop recently and when I tried to hook it up to the TV in the trailer, the HDMI cable wouldn't talk to the TV. Very frustrating for a man of my age. So, I Googled it. Google sent me to a youtube video where this millennial said, "Never, never, never update, but sure enough, I updated and now I'm facing this shit." He went on to demonstrate a solution that didn't quite work, but led me to look into the display feature. It turns out that all I had to do was enable the mirror display function and BingoBangoBongo, the HDMI could talk to the TV. I can tell you this: This  Boomer was nearly orgasmic when I got the technology to work, and I can tell you, that's no small thing. Needless to day, life is good for this Boomer, especially today.


 Saguaro of the day: David and Ginny's back yard.

 Judy and I rode thirty miles yesterday along the Tucson bike loop.
 In two weeks, we've ridden 110 miles and walked 20. We're off to a good start.
 After our ride yesterday, we had to revisit the El Nene food truck for a taco.
 Falcon checking out Auntie Libby.

No comments:

Post a Comment