Thursday, January 16, 2020

Adventure 557: Catalina State Park/ Post E

Old Site B-30
Maybe it's the rain, but I'm especially despondent today because each member of the senate signed their name certifying their pledge to impartiality.  Hard to swallow when the leader of the senate himself (among other sycophants) declared on national TV, "I'm not impartial at all." At the same time, the newest narrative Republicans are feeding unthinking regular Americans is that just because the Judiciary committee didn't finish its investigation, "It's not our fault". I guess the stonewalling of the subpoenas, the direct instruction from the White House not to cooperate, the refusal to turn over documents, and the lame alarms of senators like Romney and Collins don't count. Beware America. Us chickens are in grave danger if the weasel is allowed to run free in the hen house much longer. What, me worry?  OK, I've had my rant; back to the tour. We're safely ensconced in our trailer surrounded by people who look much like us. There wasn't much outdoor action since it rained all day. I spent part of the day deleting some of our 16,000 pictures from the computer. I also took a nap, watched a movie called Leaving Las Vegas (Which did nothing to improve my attitude), and I managed two victories over the Wiley Cager. To offset our lack of exercise, we've decided to extend  our "wintling" time to one minute, which allows for extended back scratching, gentle body rubbing, and the increased warmth of our love. It's so fun, we may extend the time further. Note: I highly recommend the practice with your own significant other. Because we're not hungry or tired, we'll be able to stay awake for the Zag game tonight which starts at nine. The weather is supposed to clear again tomorrow, so we'll lube the bike and ride some more of the hundred mile river trail. In all, we're still grateful that life is good, especially today.

 My Bunny spent the day watching Netflix while knitting a new something for Falcon.

 She found this buried in the fridge: Shades of Dorothy M.
 Selfie of the day.
 The weather outside, while not frightful, certainly didn't invite the faint hearted.
 Falcon shot of the day.
New site for the night: B-24.

No comments:

Post a Comment