Saturday, February 14, 2015

Adventure 203: Covered Wagon RV Park/Phoenix, AZ/Post G

Good Morning Valentine.
It was a slow day in Lake Woe Be Phoenix (Glendale). In fine Valentine Day fashion we indulged in a little extra snuggle time this morning. We hit the ground running at the crack of 8:30 and began our normal morning: I studied Spanish while Stumpy fixed the thin gruel. I tied the score in our morning game, and the Wily Cager claims she did nothing untoward, which I could verify if I could find my name tag, but enough of the Sun City humor. I did the dishes while Stumpy ran through a series of her exercises. Then I did the form (First, I did my usual form and then I did the Phoenix form up to the first cross hands). For our adventure  of the day, we spent much of it watching college tennis players at the Phoenix Tennis Center. We saw some excellent players, a couple of excellent matches, and a couple of arse whippings. We took a break for lunch at home, and then decided we didn't have enough steps in so we decided to walk to Frys, a local grocery store that is modeled after Fred Meyer stores out west (It could be vice versa, but the Frys seems a bit dingier than the Freddies). On the way back, we stopped and watched a little more tennis (To rest) because our two mile walk turned into over five. Stumpy was limping (I was too-solidarity you know). Once back at the trailer, we strapped on the ice packs and waited for the Gonzaga game to start. In the meantime, we wrote a congratulation card to our daughter-in-law who has just landed a full time teaching contract: Whoo Hooo! We enjoyed dinner during half time, and now since it's almost 8:30 Judy's eyes are beginning to flutter like a Valentine's heart beat. Good Night, Dearie. Although a slow day in terms of adventure, we did amass 14,144 steps and almost as many kisses. For us, life is good, especially today. We hope the same is true for you.

 A couple of beauties in full bloom.
 This kid, who plays for Westmont College, was the class of the field.

Good mobility.
 Early preparation.
Solid strike: Bam!
 Cobra like serve.

 Great balance into the court and good touch on his volley.
 His second serve, a viscous American Twist, proved hard to handle. Great fun to watch.

 Judy made us this coconut cool whip cake for our Valentine's dessert. Yummy sweet, just like my Bunny.
 Zag game in the background (Actually showing on the TV through the HDMI cable, but I couldn't get the TV and the cake). Sweet treat in front. Hard to get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment