Saturday, October 22, 2022

Adventure 771: Herbie Joe on the Go/Manhattan, KS/Post D

After a delightful breakfast of sausage patty, basted egg, semel, homemade wheat bread, and fruit, the sisters enjoyed the rest of the morning with a trip to the Saturday market, after which they came back and seamlessly danced together a lunch of left over taco soup, nachos covered with refried beans, a cabbage salad, and brownies for dessert. Arlene left a little after lunch, which left Judy, Karen, and I free to play Hollywood Gin. But the thin gruel did not stop flowing. Karen made yet another plate of cream cheese, prosciutto, basil leaves, and peaches along with a bowl of toasted bagels and a few slices of Dorothy M baguette. A break ensued. Karen worked outside. I took a nap. Judy knitted. Another game of Hollywood Gin before dinner, which was shrimp in brown gravy served over grits, grapes on the side. I point today out simply because  I'm feeling the midwest love. In fact, I've been so loved I feel as elated as the biblical fatted calf who must have been so pleased with its excess, it could hardly comprehend the consequences. I'm well aware of the consequences. They're hanging off my frame like the rings on the Michelin Man. But I'm not complaining. It's the hallmark of our gatherings.  I'll take this kind of love as much as I can get it because it reminds me that life is good, especially today.


The sisters so pleased Ashley is using their mother's baking pan to create Dorothy M Baguettes.

The sisters "dancing" the lunch together, a little ditty learned some time ago.
The time comes when you have to go.
Goodbye, Arlene.


The rest of the post is pictures of the love food, Midwest style. We often refer to it as "Thin Gruel."










   
 
Miss Karen makes it happen. Just call me plumpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment