Friday, May 27, 2016

Adventure 267: Challis Hot Springs/Post A

Just Chillin'
Maybe it's because it's the last week of birthday month (65), or perhaps it's the Vince Flynn CIA killer thrillers I've been consuming. It could even be the effects of Memorial Day, but this morning a morbid thought passed through my brain like a mountain squall. That is: Most of my favorite musicians are dead, which is only significant because it forces me to live in the past. I wish they were still here to usher me into the future, to help me add layers of nuance to an already blessed life. Those who know me realize that I believe the future is now, right now here in the good life, but I've been thinking of how way leads on to way. For example, where are all those years that I've spent as a married man (17 to Anne; 27 and counting to Judy)? They've been good years for the most part, which is why young prople like Scott and Kate have so much to hope for. And Hope is good. So is Love. So is time. And time is precious. Today we had a great time wandering South along the Bitteroot Mountain range. We followed the Salmon river for much of our day after cresting Chief Joseph Pass. It is amazing to think Lewis and Clark trudged along much our same route. Who had more hope, courage, and perseverence than those men? Many, I'm sure. Even myself in some small way. So here's my hope for all of us, and that includes newlyweds, oldlyweds, and soon to be weds. Decide what is truly important, persevere, and always trust in Hope. In fact, hug it tight for life is good, especially today.

Dropping a few "Tubmans" along the way.
Our home for the next four nights. America is already great despite what Mr. Chump Trump says.
The cool pool is 98.7 degrees.
The hot pool is 105-107 degrees.
Camp site #27 overlooks the Salmon River.
Selfie of the Day. You know the line: "We may not be good looking, but we're looking good."
Art shot of the day: Reflections Vary

1 comment:

  1. Hi T&J- you ARE good looking! I enjoyed your thoughts for newly and oldyweds. I will recommend them to Kelly+Steve, Liam+Janna. Here's to plenty of love and hope - especially today (Can I adopt your motto? I love it.)
    Also, I want to sit in the "hot" pool.

    ReplyDelete