Friday, January 26, 2024

Adventure 899: Tucson Winter Two/7

Sixteen days into this feels pretty comfortable. We've reconnected with Southside Presbyterian, not only on Sundays, but we're volunteering at Cross Street Monday and Friday. It feels good. Judy has developed her work out routine with her trainer, Rob;.She's also knitting like a machine trying to keep up with Ginny Kral who literally IS a knitting machine. I'm enjoying getting replugged into the Tai Chi community down here. As for other realities. The weather this past week went from torrents of rain on Monday to a perfect 65 and sunny today. Judy and I made two trips to Sweet Water for walks, and we enjoyed two lunch dates: One for Indian food and the other for the Tucson delicacy known as the Sonoran Hot Dog. Like I said, two weeks in and life seems good, especially today.

Wednesday was also my first wife, Annie's birthday. She'd would have been 73. Libby spent the day on a day trip to Bainbridge Island, I spent the day walking in the desert, and Steve swept the snow off the grave stone. We miss her.

Selfie at the Tamarind, a nice Indian restaurant near us.


Some of our cactus buddies waving at us as we pass by.


The Sonoran Hot Dog, a delicacy beyond compare.


The sky tonight.


I had a little mishap with the rice bag. I thought I set the microwave for one minute. Almost four went by before the place fill up with that burining smell. Luckily, no fire.


I needed a cold "two" after that.


Judy knit this fabulous shawl.
 
Look at this guy's swell physique after the rain.

We harvested the crop from the tree in the backyard. 



I think this is in the fall of 1983. (Anne, Tina, Tony, Steve, Me)
[Rita must have taken the picture]




No comments:

Post a Comment