Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Adventure 872: A View from the Perch/11

Before Judy went to bed, we wintled a little bit in the front room. After a few sways I asked, "Remember when we first met, we wintled at the Seattle waterfront on Pier 60?" "We thought it was fun." Judy replied, "It's still fun." I agree. Recently, Judy has been tending to Falcon while Leitica either works, or works to replace her vehicle. Either way, Mimi to the rescue. As for me, I spent the morning at my friend Pat's house, discussing the progress of the new griddle he's installing on his outside Smoker/BBQ. Things are coming along nicely. Yesterday, Judy and I had a delightful time with our across the hall neighbor's, the Koehlers. We drank wine, chit-chatted, and enjoyed a nice time at dinner. We look forward to more time with them. Tonight, we ventured downtown to meet up with our old and dear friends, the Cramer's. We met at a place called the Wooden City. The place was packed, a bit noisy, and very good. It was fun. We've come to the realization that we can never catch up with our excess in house food money, even if we were to give in to weighing a lot more. Instead, we just accept the cost as part of doing business. That's why going out tonight felt so good. It's more of our previous life. I imagine it's just part of the modification process as we adjust to this new life paradigm. Anyway, not to worry because life is good, especially today.


We also enjoyed a burrata cheese over bread pudding and a stuffed pepper.



It was a high calorie day. I smashed this burger Pat made me at lunch.

 


This is the serious end of the new griddle. Elements work!



I brought these cactus starts from Tucson. They seem to be thriving.


Me and my Bunny waiting be seated a the Wooden City.



 The place is cool. It felt like walking into a magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment