Saturday, April 2, 2022

Adventure 751: Golden Spike RV Park/Brigham City, Utah

Blessed relief met us with very little wind today, which made the drive easy. We did have a little road construction, which means one lane for sixteen miles or so. We had three doses of that, but otherwise our trip was uneventful. Normally on this leg we camp at Crystal Hot Springs, but they've permanently closed their campground in favor of adding more pools. It's already a busy place and new pools will make it even busier. We decided to drive there before checking into the Golden Spike. We spent about two hours lounging in the soothing hot mineral water, amusing ourselves with a little people watching, and otherwise unwinding from the road. We're now settled in to watch the semi-finals of the NCAA  basketball tournament. We enjoyed the women's games last night, and we're looking forward to tonight's action. I would like someone to send my mind back to me if they find it because even though I've driven this route five times now, I really didn't remember the stretch between Evanston, WY and Ogden, UT. I'm not sure where my mind was on previous trips, but the route felt brand new today. No matter. The real point is that I'm once again thankful for traveling mercies, and grateful that life is good, especially today.


You know you've left the plains when you see the white tips of the Western mountains.
Even the colors change.
Fric and Frac snuggled nicely into a spot at the Western Hills RV Park in Rawlins, WY.
We left with the rising sun in hopes of beating the wind. It worked.
My mind goes blank about here.

 Still blank. I wonder if that's what they call auto-pilot?

No comments:

Post a Comment