Saturday, October 3, 2020

Adventure 639: Crystal Hot Springs Redux Covid



That silver speck on the right is Frac, tucked nicely into site #34.

Traveling mercies found us tucked safely in the midst of a full campground in Honeyville, Utah at one of our favorite spots: Crystal Hot Springs. The drive felt longer today, mostly because of the buffeting I felt by the relentless big rig traffic. I like to cruise around 66-67 mph. The speed limit is 80, and most truckers know that time is money. I hope the President recovers as well as trucking commerce has. We'd often see clusters of eight or nine big trucks nose to tail on the other side of the freeway. We experienced the same on our side, except that cluster after cluster blew by us, each one trying to suck us into its draft. Needless to say, I'm a bit tired. Worst of all, we're declining to join the incredible number of people using the hot springs. Last night's Rawlins homecoming crowd enjoyed a mask free parade, but at least they had a full set of clothes on. I'm choosing wisdom over risk, and much to my dismay I won't be soaking today. We stopped in Lyman, Wyoming for lunch, which is now famous for its historical markers relating the Mormon pioneers. As we drove from the vast wasteland of Western Wyoming into the lush green under the Wasatch Range, I can only imagine their sheer joy to see not only water, but arable land as well. I can also imagine that only the most intrepid Mormon wasn't deterred by the Wasatch Mountains. Many pioneers must have pushed onward, though, because the Mormon population kept stretching West. In other news, we've two legs left on our homeward journey, and as of now, I'm tied with the Wiley Cager 3-3. I almost took the lead, smelling the ever delicious skunk, but of course, she pulled a few wily maneuvers, and I had to settle for a mere win. Stay tuned, because one of the great goods in life is enjoying a friendly game with my Bunny. I truly hope you can enjoy time with yours. And as I say, especially today.


Despite the desolation of this lunch site, we welcomed the rest, the sustenance, and I savored my win.
Falcon photo of the day: "Falafal tastes good, Mimi."
Our pleasant spot, looks better than it is. On our left is a Mormon family of eight. On our right, two families are sharing one trailer. Their seems to be four adults and five kids. Luckily, no dogs have been spotted or detected by other means.



The property of the Crystal Hot Springs is well kept. The RV park can house sixty RVs plus any number of tents.


We may be enduring some hardships now, but imagine the uncertainty the early pioneers must have felt.

 Keep the faith and press on.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment