Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Adventure 452: The Story of George, 29

February 21, 2018
This morning it was 4 degrees. Judy stayed snugly warm by the fireplace.. I checked on George. Real time found him dressed, calm, and collected waiting in his usual spot for Vina to come down for breakfast. He'd taken his morning pills, voiced no complaints, and seemed in good spirits. I asked him if he did his exercises, and he said, "A little". Who knows what that means, but if yesterday's performance with the physical therapist is any guide, he must be doing something. However, it's becoming clear that the new normal will be a twice a day check, but since every day brings a new adventure, we'll see what this evening brings. I"m scheduled for dinner and Bingo. Wish me luck.

One oddity that George practices when eating is to cut all of his food into bite sized pieces before he eats them. For example, if he has a stack of pancakes, he asks for the egg to be put on top. He then criss crosses the whole plateful with his knife and fork, cutting the mass into cube shapes. He does this with everything: chicken, steak, pork chops, etc. The really odd thing is that for most of my life I've done the same, especially with the pancakes or waffles. I must have seen him do it. The strange part is why I would copy it. The old argument between Nature and Nurture surfaces at this moment, not that I argue much. I believe both have influence. What amazes me is the natural similarities that appear in any gene pool. Mannerisms, voice inflections, gaits, postures, and so many other "clone like" examples make me wonder at the power of creation. It's just another of the many mysteries that cannot be contained by definition.

Selfie of the day.
Way back in the ideal fifties.
 Stack.

Cubed stack.



No comments:

Post a Comment