Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Adventure 33: Cortez Cleaning Day

Cleaning Day!
Lest you think it's all fun and games out on the road, put those idle devilish thoughts aside: There's work to be done. After close to 2500 miles driven (counting day trips), Fric was covered with road grime, and Frac had lost a little of her sheen. So today's adventure was work, work, work--except for a couple games of Crib (3-1/Judy), our normal morning cleanup routine, an arduous venture to the evil empire (Walmart), a run for a surprisingly cheap refill of the extra propane tank, an almost fruitful visit to the local bike shop (no correct tires in stock), and a really good authentic Mexican lunch (real carne asada tacos and a cerdo-pork-burrito). After the errands, we washed Fric and hand polished Frac, even though rain was promised (and did not disappoint). And now we're tucked in our clean little 160 square feet abode listening to Jelly Roll Blues planning our next adventure to the Enchanted Trail RV Park in Albuquerque. What did we ever do without the I-pad, the I-pod, the I-phone, and the Mac Pro laptop? Ye gads! We're living nearly as impact free as the ancients! And still we're not satisfied. It's a cultural thing, I guess. A fancy 27 ft. Airstream just pulled in next to us. Imagine lusting after 30 more square feet, a walk around bed, and a head I can fit in comfortably. Just kidding. We're grateful for every day, and thankful for our opportunity to enjoy each other and these fruited plains. Because, as you all may realize: Life is good, especially today.
 The breakfast mess: oatmeal, semel, and Costa Rican coffee. I love my little domain.  The oven bakes nicely, even though I have to get down on my knees to light the pilot.  The semel are a little flat since I forgot to stir them up last night; did a rush job this morning since I was craving them.  Don't want to get out of practice before the semel bake down in Kansas.  Is it water into flour or flour into water ?????


 The dinette mess: coffee cups, oatmeal bowls, maps, pillows, and knitting. This is where we spend most of our time and it's quite comfy.
 Down 3-1 in the Cortez Open (Time is running out. I'm holding the number of my average hand this morning. Drats! My JuJu needs help. Maybe I can cheat better this evening. He'll need to do something.  I'm on a roll!!!! Cheating didn't work; I lost the Cortez Open 5-1. Overall series tied. Just wait until Lobo town!

 Judy washes in three and a half cups of water; I dry. Actually in Dead Horse I washed and rinsed in 3 cups of water since there was no outside water supply. Took a shower in a gallon of water.

 Clean dinette; Crib board at the ready.
 We averaged 7.84 miles a day walking last week, along with 86 miles on the bikes. The "Thumper", an electric G-rated massage unit, comes in handy. OK, girls. How did I do trimming my bangs? 
 A hand made Ulmen board, clean, cool, and custom.
 TW as dish boy. Eat your heart out Ed Drouin.
Everything has a place.

 Judy gets up first around 5:30. She reads, knits, does crosswords, and welcomes the day. I dream, get up around 7:30, and I'm in charge of tidying up the bed. 
 We've spent somewhere  close to $850.00 on gas so far. Gas today was $3.45/gal.
 Fric, fresh from a car wash.
 Fric polishing Frac. 
 Frac polishing Frac. It really was so nice to have nothing planned for today.  Believe it or not, this is the first time that has happened! And I was worried I would have too much time on my hands!
Frac polished and ready for another leg in the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment