Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Adventure 5: Priest Lake One

First Overnight at Noraville.
As an accident of birth, I'm forntunate enough to be the favorite cousin of Douglas Hoisington, who along with his lovely wife, Nora, own a cabin on Rosalia Bay at eight mile island on Priest Lake. Arguably, Priest Lake's grand natural spectacle rivals any place on earth. For the new trailer adventurer, cruising down the narrow, tree lined dirt road to the cabin proved a monumental leap of faith and new found confidence in my ability to maneuver the trailer. It turned out well. I backed through and around several welcoming pine trees into a spot just behind the cabin. Using the wheel shims, I leveled the trailer and all was well. It wasn't quite boondocking because we ran an exension cord from the garage for power, and while we didn't, we could have also hooked into the water system. And it was free. We spent Memorial Day weekend witht the Hoisingtons, and the best part is that we left the trailer parked at the lake for a return visit the following weekend. Not only were we able to enjoy the hospitality of Douglas, Nora, and their daughters, but we also enjoyed the cabin by ourselves the next weekend. I can think of no place I'd rather be than Priest Lake. I've journied there every year (oftentimes more than once) since 1967. If I had the proper skill set, I'd live their year round. Alas, I don't. I'm just a sissy boy from the city who has the good fortune to be able to enjoy the lake during its prime season. So naturally, life is good, especially today.

No comments:

Post a Comment